5.08.2010

Egg & I - Las Vegas

4533 W. Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89102
702.364.9686
www.theeggworks.com
Hours - 6AM to 3PM

Every time I come to Las Vegas, I always try new places, preferring not to go to the same restaurant again unless the restaurant is that damn good or worth it. For some reason, this rule of mine has been thrown out the window the last 4 times I have been to Las Vegas. I keep coming back to Egg and I to get my breakfast fix and I'm not even a huge breakfast lover. 

Similar to the Korean restaurants that use a button to get the waiter's attention or Brazilian BBQ with the green for keep it coming or the red for I am stuffed..."no more!!!" Egg and I has the flip-the-egg sign with the sad face signifying that I am one unhappy egg and need something. And the smiley face side is left to say "I am a happy camper."


Homemade banana nut muffin - complimentary 
Took some friends here for their first time and one of our friends took a bite and responded, "The Bomb!" That pretty much sums it up for me too.

Banana pancakes - These pancakes are a must for any banana pancake lover. Fluffy and moist with
the perfect amount of bananas strategically placed. The bananas somehow slightly get caramelized adding to the flavor of these pancakes.


Ultimate Skillet - Sausage, ham, bacon, mushroom, onions, tomato, bell pepper, spinach, and eggs any way you like. 
The wifey ordered the Ultimate Skillet. Ultimate is the word when describing this skillet. Underneath this meat and veggie mixture is the yummy ranch potatoes. All of these components come together harmoniously to make a delicious and hearty skillet.


Blackened Prime Rib Benny - Grilled croissant with diced prime rib, sauteed spinach, roasted bell peppers and two poached eggs then covered in hollandaise sauce.
I have been to Egg and I four times, and each of the four times I have ordered the Blackened Prime Rib Benny. I love breaking into the poached eggs, allowing the yokes to ooze out. Another favorite of mine is the ranch potatoes. The tots are seasoned with a Lawry like seasoning salt that makes them all the more addicting.


Normally I wouldn't go out of my way for a breakfast or find myself craving it. Great prices, great portions, and great food has me coming back each and every time I come to Las Vegas. Egg and I is not a fancy pants establishment. This place knows what it does and does it well. Large portions and a fulfilling meal is what you get here. I'll be here next time I'm in Vegas. See you soon Egg and I!!

No comments: