12.30.2008

Sprinkles Cupcakes - Newport Beach

944 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949.760.0003
http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com/

There has been a battle brewing in the past few years with the cupcake craze going on. Whose cupcakes reign supreme? (a reference to Iron Chef) I don't consider myself a cupcake connoisseur or an aficionado but I have had a few in my life...ok more than a few and really enjoy eating them.

Sprinkles carries a wide variety of cupcakes (20+ to be exact) that are available everyday and others that are only available on certain days of the week. Despite all the different flavors, I am a chocolate lover and always pick the dark chocolate cupcake, which is made with a belgian dark chocolate cake and a bittersweet dark chocolate frosting sprinkled with chocolate flakes. This chocolate frosting is to die for. It's light and has just the perfect amount of sweetness that melts in my mouth and makes me crave for more.
The cake of the cupcake is perfectly moist and is actually not that sweet but the chocolate flavor is still evident. When the smooth bittersweet chocolate frosting and the little flakes of chocolate yumminess are eaten together with the cake - magic happens. I'm in Chocolate Heaven!!!

No comments: