12.18.2008

Amandine Cafe - Los Angeles

12225 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
424.901.1249

I have never been to France, but if I were to imagine what a French cafe might look like, Amandine would be it. The outside of the Amandine is wholly covered with ivy and has street side tables and chairs, giving this cafe, located on a busy Wilshire Boulevard, an even more Parisian feel. Upon entering Amandine, I immediately noticed the large chalkboard with handwritten menu items and prices. I love entering restaurants or cafes and seeing handwriting on boards. To me, this means they are always introducing something new or selling items with the freshest ingredients.
Amandine carries a myriad of pastries, breads, cakes, sandwiches, omelettes, quiches, and more. Everything is made entirely from scratch daily.
Croque Madame - bechamel, ham, egg, and gruyere with mixed greens
Perfectly cooked egg, gooey gruyere, crunchy crust, ham, and bechamel are ingredients to make an excellent croque madame. The one at Amandine does not disappoint. Tastes like a high quality ham and cheese with an egg on top. Our favorite croque sandwich is still the croque monsieur at Tartine Bakery in San Francisco. Mmmmm Mmmm Mmmm!!!
Pain au chocolat or chocolate croissant
One of my favorite items to order at any bakery is the chocolate croissant... I have always been on the quest to find THE best chocolate croissant ever. Amandine's version is probably the lightest and most pillowy croissant I have ever had. I enjoyed their version but wished there was a tad more chocolate and a flakier crust.
Check out the cellular structure of Amandine's pain au chocolat.
Tart Fraise or Strawberry Tart
Just like everthing else we tried at Amandine the Tart Fraise was delectibly delicious. Tart and sweet strawberries, perfect pastry cream, and flaky pockets of deliciousness.
If you are in LA and in the mood for some high quality, fresh, and delicious pastries, omelettes, breads, and cakes this is the place to go.

Tip: If this is your first time going, don't do what we did and pay for parking on the street. Amandine has parking directly in the back for FREE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you think this is what a French cafe looks like, you are right! Did you try any brioche? Man, I ate that like every morning when I was in France! Your pics look yummy!

TNT Adventures said...

Thanks...! I didn't try the brioche though! =\ I will try next time!!