8.30.2008

XOX Truffles (San Francisco)

XOX Truffles
754 Columbus Avenue (between Filbert & Greenwich)
San Francisco, CA 94133
415.421.4814
www.xoxtruffles.com

One of the first stops when I arrive in San Francisco is XOX Truffles to get my chocolate fix. Located in North Beach, XOX Truffles is a small but very quaint shop that offers the finest handmade chocolate truffles created by Chef Jean-Marc Gorce. There are about 27 delicious and addicting flavors, each one just melting in your mouth like smooth butter. The truffles are very light, not too heavy, not too sweet, but so easy to eat that I can just pop a truffle in my watering mouth right after another. Here is the display of all the flavors...These decadent pieces are 75 cents a piece, or you can order in bulk. I think it was $10 for 20 pieces. Most of the truffles are dusted with cocoa powder, and some are coated with hazelnut (Noisette) or coffee crunch (French Roast). Some of the flavors I got were: Amaretto, Cognac, Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Earl Grey, Champagne, Framboise/Raspberry, French Roast, and Noisette.

Caramel is one of my favorites. It melts quickly in the box, so eat this one first! Champagne and Dark Chocolate are classics. Not too sweet, just perfect! The Earl Grey truffle has very distinctive notes of that earl grey essence, which keeps me wanting more.
This is the Noisette truffle.
This is the finely dusted Dark Chocolate truffle.
I always want to stop here to pick up another batch of these creamy truffles before I make the drive home to Orange County, but...I..must..control..myself....

No comments: